Rob Mericle created the Lend A Hand Program as a way to donate the company’s manpower and equipment to help NEPA communities.
Mr. Mericle and community leaders select projects in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties such as revitalizing community parks and athletic fields. Mr. Mericle spearheads each project and donates all of the resources needed, including planning, in-house labor, subcontracted labor, specialty services, and materials and equipment. Our employees and their families volunteer by painting, landscaping, mulching, and cleaning.
Since the start of the Lend A Hand Program, Mericle has donated tens of thousands of hours of service and hundreds of thousands of dollars of materials and equipment that the individual communities most likely would not have been able to afford.
Some of the projects the Mericle team has completed during the Lend A Hand Program are:
- Spadi Park Renovation, Jenkins Township
- Luzerne County Head Start Garage Construction, Wilkes-Barre
- Oriole Park and Bryden Park Upgrades, Pittston Township
- Dupont Borough Maintenance Building & Salt Shed Engineering, Site Design, Site Work, Dupont Borough
- Jessup Youth Sports Complex Tornado Recovery, Jessup Borough
- Bryden Park Athletic Fields and Facilities Major Upgrades, Pittston Township
- Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary Garbage Clean-Up, Hanover Township
- Jackson Township Recreational Park/Soccer Practice Fields Construction, Jackson Township
- Duryea Little League Dugout Construction, Duryea Borough
- Plains Baseball, Inc. Concession Stand/Press Box Reconstruction after Arson, Plains Township
- Homes for Our Troops Program Construction of Specially Adapted Home, Scott Township
- Lake-Lehman School District Nature Trail Clearing, Lehman
- Robert Yaple Memorial Park Upgrade, Hughestown Borough
- Robert Healey Park Playground Upgrade, Duryea Borough
- Pittston City Pool Site Reclamation, Pittston
- Pittston Area High School Field Turf Infield Construction, Pittston