Mericle is truly saddened and heartbroken to convey the loss of an amazing man and wonderful friend, Lew Sebia. Lew was a leader of our Company serving as COO and General Counsel since 1997. There is no doubt his ideals and work ethic have left their mark, and his legacy for real estate brilliance remains in every lease – his presence and light will be forever missed.
Lew Sebia is responsible for reviewing and preparing legal documentation related to all aspects of Mericle’s real estate business, including land acquisitions, development, construction, finance, property management, leasing, and dispositions.
Prior to joining Mericle in 1997, Mr. Sebia was a Partner in the Law Firm of Rosenn, Jenkins and Greenwald, L.L.P. of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania where his practice concentrated on areas of commercial real estate transactions and corporate and commercial law. He has more than 25 years of experience in commercial real estate development, finance, leasing, property management, and brokerage.
Mr. Sebia has also been admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, where he worked as an attorney for the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Field, and as the Director of Leasing and General Counsel for the John G. Shooshan Company, a commercial real estate developer.
He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, Bachelor of Science, Pre-Law/Political Science
- Syracuse University Maxwell School, Syracuse, NY, Master of Arts, Public Administration
- Syracuse University College of Law, Juris Doctor Degree
- Licensed to Practice Law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and District of Columbia
- Licensed Real Estate Broker. PA License #AB066111
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Greater Wilkes-Barre Development Corporation, Board Member
- The Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Business and Industry, Board Member
- The Greater Wilkes-Barre Growth Partnership, Board Member
- Wilkes-Barre Law Library Association – Chairperson of the Investments Committee
- Pennsylvania Society Member