Jim Cummings is responsible for supervising the development and implementation of all marketing programs for Mericle’s Development and Brokerage Divisions. This includes activities related to and including print and broadcast advertising, trade shows, press releases, special events, research reports, video production, and online marketing.
Prior to joining Mericle, he served as the first president of Penn’s Northeast, a five-county regional economic development and marketing organization, and administered a national marketing campaign designed to attract employers to Northeastern Pennsylvania. In his four-year tenure, Mr. Cummings worked with local economic development organizations to process more than 260 leads from manufacturing, distribution, and office companies, resulting in 17 successful projects, the creation of more than 3,000 new jobs, and a total capital investment of more than $210 million.
Mr. Cummings spent 18 years with the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, serving as Vice President and administering The Scranton Plan, a marketing program designed to recruit new employers and help local companies expand. He served as Manager of Development Finance for the Chamber and helped dozens of companies secure low-interest real estate and equipment loans from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. During his tenure, The Scranton Plan was twice named the nation’s top economic development program by the Council for Urban Economic Development. Mr. Cummings played a key role in bringing The Prudential, NatWest Bank, CIGNA HealthCare, Kemper Insurance, and JC Penney Catalog to Northeastern PA.
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, Bachelor of Arts, Communications
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, Institute for Organizational Management, Graduate
- Economic Developer of the Year for 2006, Pennsylvania Economic Development Association (PEDA)
- Greater Pittston Chamber of Commerce Board Member – (2017 – current)
- Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association of the New York Metropolitan Area, Inc. (IOREBA), Associate Member (1987-2008)
- PEDA, Board of Directors and Communications Committee Chair (2006 – 2007)
- Wall Street West, Marketing Committee (2006 – 2007)
- Penn’s Northeast Marketing Committee (2007 – 2013)
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Regional Bioscience Initiative, Logistics Committee Co-Chair (2013)
- Faculty Member, Pennsylvania Basic Economic Development Course (2008 – current)
- Vice President and Assistant Race Director, Steamtown Marathon (1996 – current)
- Abington Gators Swim Team, Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Johnson College President’s Roundtable (2007 – 2016