Robert K. Mericle
President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Mericle pioneered the development of speculative industrial space in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He has almost 25 years of experience in commercial real estate services and is a licensed general contractor with an extensive background in commercial real estate development, construction, brokerage, and finance.
In 1985, Mr. Mericle founded Mericle Properties and began his career in commercial real estate. In 1987 he formed Mericle Development Corporation, Mericle Construction, Inc., and Landmark Construction Group, Inc., to design, construct, and market institutional-grade industrial, office, and flex buildings throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania.
In 1993, he established Mericle Commercial Real Estate Group, Inc., specializing in commercial/industrial brokerage properties, securing the company’s position as the premier full-service commercial real estate company serving Northeastern Pennsylvania. By 1997, Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services expanded its territory to include the Lehigh Valley area of Eastern Pennsylvania and the Williamsport Area of Central Pennsylvania.
Mr. Mericle has grown the company’s development portfolio of sold and leased properties to approximately 10.5 million square feet. Today, Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services is one of the largest commercial/industrial developers in the state and operates one of the largest and most competitive commercial brokerage firms in the region.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Wharton School of Finance & Commerce
- Licensed General Contractor in all markets served
Honors & Awards
- Butler Manufacturing Annual “Million Dollar Builder,” “High Performance Builder,” and “#1 Volume Builder of the Year” Award—2006
- Junior Achievement of Northeast Pennsylvania “Young Entrepreneur of the Year”—2000
- Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce “Small Business of the Year”—2003
- Greater Wilkes-Barre YMCA “2005 Leadership Award”
Mr. Mericle is a Board Member of the following organizations:
- Greater Wilkes-Barre YMCA, Trustee
- Penn’s Northeast, Executive Committee
Mr. Mericle is a Real Estate Member of the following organizations:
- Building Industry Association of Northeast Pennsylvania
- Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association of the New York Metropolitan Area, Inc. (IOREBA)
- Pennsylvania Economic Development Association (PEDA)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Tri-State, Pennsylvania, & National Board of Realtors
- Urban Land Institute
Other Memberships & Committees:
- National Association of Foreign Trade Zones
- Northeastern PA Alliance
- Northeastern PA Manufacturers and Employers Association
- Osterhout Public Library—Chairman, 2006 Annual Fund
- The Pennsylvania Society
- Wharton Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center
- Various Chambers of Commerce