James A. Cummings
Vice President, Marketing
Mr. Cummings is responsible for coordinating all marketing programs for Mericle’s Development and Brokerage Divisions. Prior to joining Mericle, he served as the first president of Penn’s Northeast, a five-county regional economic development and marketing organization, and administered a national marketing campaign designed to attract employers to Northeastern Pennsylvania. In his four-year tenure, Mr. Cummings worked with local economic development organizations to process more than 260 leads from manufacturing, distribution and office companies, resulting in 17 successful projects, the creation of more than 3,000 new jobs and a total capital investment of more than $210 million.
Mr. Cummings spent 18 years with the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, serving as Vice President and administering The Scranton Plan, a marketing program designed to recruit new employers and help local companies expand. He served as Manager of Development Finance for the Chamber and helped dozens of companies secure low-interest real estate and equipment loans from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. During his tenure, The Scranton Plan was twice named the nation’s top economic development program by the Council for Urban Economic Development. Mr. Cummings played a key role in bringing The Prudential, NatWest Bank, CIGNA HealthCare, Kemper Insurance and JCPenney Catalog to Northeastern PA.
He resides in South Abington Township with his wife and four children.
University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Communications
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Institute for Organizational Management, Graduate
Licenses & Designations
Economic Developer of the Year for 2006, Pennsylvania Economic Development Association (PEDA)
- Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association of the New York Metropolitan Area, Inc. (IOREBA), Associate Member (1987-2008)
- PEDA, Board of Directors and Communications Committee Chair (2006 - 2007)
- Wall Street West, Marketing Committee (2006 - 2007)
- Penn’s Northeast Marketing Committee (2007 - current)
- Vice President and Assistant Race Director, Steamtown Marathon (1996 - current)
- Abington Gators Swim Team, Board of Directors (2007-2009)
- Johnson College President's Roundtable (2007 - current)