Robert L. Besecker, Jr.
Vice President, Senior Director of Leasing
Mr. Besecker joined Mericle Commercial Real Estate Services in 1990. As Vice President, Senior Director of Leasing, he specializes in the leasing and selling of company-owned real estate for industrial and office requirements.
Mr. Besecker began his real estate career at his family’s residential real estate office and later joined the real estate department at Jewelcor, Inc., a former national retail catalog showroom company that was headquartered in Wilkes-Barre. While at Jewelcor, he helped to oversee the leasing and disposition of more than one million square feet of office and retail space in Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and California.
He has helped Mericle grow its portfolio of sold and leased properties from eight buildings comprising less than 500,000 square feet to more than 90 buildings and approximately 16 million square feet. He has been instrumental in bringing many tenants to Mericle including Simmons Company, Graham Packaging, Travelocity, The Home Depot and Apria Healthcare. Mr. Besecker is also Broker of Record, a position he has held since the inception of the Brokerage Division in 1993.
The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Bachelor of Science, Real Estate
Licenses & Designations
Licensed Real Estate Broker. PA License # RM051447A
GRI – Graduate of the Pennsylvania Realtors Institute
- Industrial and Office Real Estate Brokers Association of the New York Metropolitan Area, Inc. (IOREBA), Associate Member
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), Developer Associate Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Tri-State, Scranton, West Branch Valley, Pennsylvania, & National Association of Realtors, Member
Other Memberships & Committees
- Dallas Township Planning Commission, 2005 – present